This week’s episode of Office Hours is all about new opportunities. From how to find and connect with great companies in a new city, to how to create opportunities for yourself on the job by pitching improvements, to how to set yourself up for great opportunities in the future when you aren’t sure what you want to do.
- What’s the best way to find great companies to work for in a new city if they aren’t currently hiring?
- How to pitch improvements at work?
- “I have a good position at a company like working for. I’m happy for now, but not happy enough to know if I want to be here three years from now. How do you prepare for the next opportunity when you don’t know what the next opportunity will be?”
Check out the new episode of Office Hours now on iTunes, YouTube, direct download and all major podcast platforms.
Discussed in this Episode:
- Mushroom Coffee
- Is the value of college really about what you put into it?
- Creating opportunities at companies that aren’t hiring
- The best way to get connections by being the type of person that people want to connect with
- Change “we should” to “I did”
- Don’t assume that every inefficiency is worth fixing (efficient vs. effective)
- How to make sure you will attract good opportunities in the future.
- Imagining future unhappiness and a future lack of options
- How the school mindset creates work anxiety
- Don’t expect your job to give you everything you need and want
- If you don’t know what you want to do in the future, do things today that will open more opportunities in the future
- The myth that you can waste your time in a job
- Don’t be afraid of getting stuck at your job