Here’s an opportunity that is currently EXCLUSIVE to members of the Praxis Fall 2015 class.
What if you could skip all of the entry level internships where you’d grab coffee, print flyers and maybe post on Facebook once and a while, and instead go right into an important position at a dynamic, influential organization where you would create real value and learn directly under the exec team?
Would you do it?
Here it is: Praxis is looking for participants for it’s Fall 2015 class and we have partnered with the Foundation for Economic Education to place a qualified participant for their Carl Menger Fellowship.
Carl Menger Fellowship
The Carl Menger Fellow will assist FEE’s executive team in designing, collecting, and presenting impact and outcomes measurements related to FEE’s mission. The Menger Fellow will work with FEE’s executive leadership and business division directors, and will report to the COO. The role is named after the influential Austrian school economist Carl Menger who was among the pioneers of the “marginal revolution.”
Duties & Responsibilities
- Collect, analyze, and present on business divisions’ monthly and quarterly goals
- Define new, valuable metrics and retire non-valuable ones
- Become FEE’s expert user of Salesforce, designing creative and useful queries, identifying and addressing issues with data and data structures, and working with outside contractors
- Maintain and improve office Geckoboard, which constantly displays data and metrics to staff
- Define and document efficient and easy measurement and tracking processes
- Master Google AdWords and other data-driven marketing platforms, including FEE’s forthcoming internal marketing automation platform (MAP)
- Assist the executive team otherwise as necessary
Qualifications and Experience
- A deep interest in the mission and principles of FEE
- Excitement toward the art and science of educational impact measurement
- Creative and strategic thinking skills with an eagerness to collaborate constructively and work with low supervision
- A positive outlook and integrity in speech and action
- Comfort navigating new and powerful technological systems
- Entrepreneurial mindset to identify and address process and system shortcomings and missed opportunities
- Location, FEE (Atlanta, Georgia)
- Start date: September 2015
- End date: Flexible, but no earlier than June 1, 2016
- 30 hrs./week, $1,200 per month stipend to assist with living expenses
- Transportation assistance to the office each day
- Books, literature, and discussions at no charge
This Fall class is shaping up to be our biggest ever and we’d love to have you on board. Participants from our most recent graduating class were hired by business partners, went on to start their own businesses, and created portfolios of valuable skills and experiences that will stay with them their entire lives.