Here’s an opportunity available for an incoming Praxis participant:
Voice & Exit is seeking an adaptive self starting, multitalented individual to aid with key areas of operation and with strong aspirations to go into event planning and marketing.
About Voice & Exit:
Founded by Max Borders, editor of The Freeman, and Seth Blaustein, Voice & Exit is the premier Austin conference that focuses on the future of technology, society and culture. The conference brings together entrepreneurs, thinkers, authors, health and technology experts, and other big names to discuss radical ideas and how to implement them to make a better, more flourishing society. Yearly speakers include individuals like author and entrepreneur Ryan Holiday, CEO of Whole Foods John Mackey, Jeffrey Tucker, and others.
The participant will have the opportunity to work directly under an experienced event planner, learns the ins and outs of planning, managing and marketing an event, and connect with entrepreneurs, thinkers, authors, and other experts around the world. Learn more about Voice & Exit.
(1) Event planning assistant (20 hours/week) Work with lead event planner to develop coherent strategy for planning and execution of Voice & Exit events:
- Assist with Initial research & concept development
- Assist with timeline development
- Assist with general external communications
- Research & Feedback (vendors, venues, permits, sponsors, speakers, etc).
- Attend meetings with V&E team, vendors, sponsors, etc.
- Budget checks
- Onsite execution team assistant lead (day of the event)
- Manage online registration system (Eventbrite or similar)
- Assist with coordination of graphic design, website updates, guest registration
- Coordinate hotel room blocks
- Coordinate with Volunteers to develop volunteer schedule and plan
- Coordinate with marketing team to align planning with promotion
- Coordinate with catering/food vendors
- Coordinate and consult with key vendors (rentals, lighting, venue, etc).
- Coordinate with speakers for contracts, travel, lodging, etc.
- Coordinate with sponsors to develop and implement plan for workshops
- Permitting inquiries
- Payment disbursement
- Liaise via phone or email for outreach to key vendors/sponsors/speakers
- Assist with follow up, tracking and sorting of key documents, such as contracts
- Draft digital venue blueprints (basic graphic design)
- Work with sponsor lead to develop and implement onsite sponsorship activation designing/implementing lounges, charging stations, custom spaces, etc).
- Use calendar to track and coordinate event logistics
- Assist to ensure a successful and smooth event experience for attendees
(2) Online content development (10 hours/week)
- Podcast/online content producer research and schedule interviews, upload to youtube (basic video editing skills is a plus)
- Research potential blog posts/articles
Praxis classes start every month now, and we’d love to have you on board. Participants from our most recent graduating class were hired by business partners, went on to start their own businesses, and created portfolios of valuable skills and experiences that will stay with them their entire lives.
Positions featured on the Praxis blog are not the only ones currently open and available. If you don’t see a position that interests you but are interested in the program, apply anyway. Our growing business partner network has an opportunity for you.