Check out the new episode of Office Hours now on iTunes, YouTube, direct download and all major podcast platforms.
Questions covered this week:
- How should you respond to family members or close friends asking you to hire them?
- How do you stay above office politics in an environment where gossiping is the preferred method of building social capital?
Also covered in this episode:
- Everyone has something to offer you and you should see every interaction as an exchange of some kind
- Whether or not we have a moral responsibility to remain in toxic relationships
- Recognizing that no one owes you anything and you owe nothing to anybody will help you realize your own agency when making choices
- The idea of considering your non-negotiables when decision-making
- Telling the truth isn’t as detrimental as we think it is
- Most people will not tell you your weaknesses
- Not everyone is worth building social capital with
Links referenced in this episode: