If you already follow Praxis, or you’re interested in entrepreneurship, education, professional development, and lifestyle design, this post is for you.
Starting this week, we’re completely overhauling our weekly email to make it more valuable to our 2,000+ subscribers. In addition to the weekly blog post, subscribers are going to receive a curtain of additional content, advice, and news, curated by the Praxis team.
Here is a sample of the new weekly email. Signup at the bottom of this post!
1) From the Praxis Blog — Take a look at You Don’t Need to Get A Second Degree — Here’s What to Do Instead. I think a lot of recent college graduates who are struggling to find meaningful work will find it valuable.
2) An Article We’re Enjoying — How to Get Any Job You Want (Even if You’re Unqualified) by Raghav Haran
3) A Professional Development Tip — The other day I was looking on the backend of a Facebook page for a client of mine. They had put out a part time job listing a while back, and dozens of people had messaged the page, ALL asking for “more information.”
None of them got a response.
Don’t make your first interaction with a potential employer “I would love more information.”They’ve already given you the information in the job listing! And it puts you in a passive role. Sell yourself up front, make a value proposition and get them interested in you before you start demanding more out of them.
4) Praxis Business Partner Spotlight — Check out the great news from one of our Austin business partners: Aceable Steers Ahead With $4.7 Million for Driver’s Ed Apps.
5) Book Recommendation — The Praxis team read E-Myth Revisited together recently, and it’s well worth picking up. Like all business books, there’s some fluff, and much of the principles could be reduced into an extended article or two, but there are some real gems worth learning about, especially for young aspiring entrepreneur.
6) Praxis Curriculum Sample — Derek Sivers Speech to Berklee College of Music
Want to sign up to get this weekly list from the Praxis team?
It includes reading, viewing and listening recommendations on entrepreneurship, education, lifestyle design and professional development, news updates, our favorite blog posts from the Praxis site, products, advice, and more.