On this week’s episode of Office Hours, TK and Isaac talk about the motivation to conform to societal norms and what really motivates most parents in pushing their kids towards college. Then they answer two listener questions about finding a tribe and how to deal with pushback after posting a motivational message on Facebook.
- How do I find my tribe?
- Should you be careful when sharing self-help advice?
Check out the new episode of Office Hours now on iTunes, YouTube, direct download and all major podcast platforms.
- The fear of failing alone
- Our capacity for self-deception
- Breaking norms
- Parents motivation for sending kids to college
- Who gets blamed when our choices go wrong
- What financial gurus do vs. what financial gurus advise
- When people give you advice, they give you advice they think you can handle, not what they necessarily think is best
- Neediness attracts neediness
- Exploring your interests instead of focusing on finding a tribe
- Theoretical man
- Fear of being seen as privileged
- How to Fight Fear of Failing Alone by Isaac Morehouse
- The Elephant in the Brain by Robin Hansen
- Theoretical Man: Who Is This Poor Guy and When Can I Meet Him by Isaac Morehouse