Matt Cannizzo left a well-paying job to join Praxis and work in sales at a tech start-up. Although it looked like Matt had it set from the outside, he wanted more from his life and his career. In this episode he shares why he took a leap of faith to join Praxis and start a new career.
Matt shares what it was like changing careers and how working at a tech startup was different from his expectations, and how he dealt with that. He also shares the evolution of becoming a confident salesman, some of his favorite books, and what’s next for him in his journey.
Discussed in this episode:
- Transitioning out of a full-time job and into working for a tech startup
- Why Matt wanted to work in sales
- What it was actually like to work at a start-up and how it was different than expectations
- How to temper expectations
- How to keep the negative inner voice in check
- Developing confidence and competence and the evolution of that from the beginning
- What’s next for Matt on his journey
- How did Matt’s friends and family react to his change in his life and his career
- The books that were the most helpful to Matt during his Praxis experience
Learn more at discoverpraxis.com