Lydia Hodgson works in marketing and communications at GoRealty in Pittsburgh. When she joined Praxis, she had no idea what to expect from her apprenticeship or what she even wanted. After spending 6 months backpacking Europe by herself, she knew she was ready to jump start her career and start learning as she much could though.
On this episode, TK, Hannah and Lydia talk about Lydia’s move to Pittsburgh, her role at GoRealty and how it’s changed, what she’s learned through her time at GoRealty, and tips for kicking ass in a new job as a young person.
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- Falling in love with Pittsburgh after moving for her apprenticeship
- What Lydia does at GoRealty
- Hitting the ground running is the best way to learn
- What Lydia expected/wanted going into Praxis
- There is so much to learn through any experience and you can gain skills through unexpected tasks and job opportunities
- You might think you have good work habits, but you need to consistently prove that through your actions
- You need to step up and take ownership of your role and responsibilities in your career
- What is the worst case scenario that can happen in a challenging situation?
- 6 months backpacking in Europe – why Lydia went and what she learned from that experience
- Why Lydia chose Praxis
- Looking back on 1 year at GoRealty and what Lydia has learned over the last year
- If you try something and you don’t like it, you can always do something else
- You always have the power to choose your opportunities
Check out the Talkin’ ‘Bout Praxis podcast on iTunes, and don’t forget to subscribe!