Luke Ruffing is the head of SDR at PandaDoc in St. Petersburg, Florida. Luke moved from Maine to San Francisco to work for PandaDoc for his apprenticeship with no real sales experience, and since then has exceeded expectations, crushed his sales goal, and worked his way up to his current position.
On this episode, TK, Hannah and Luke talk about what it was like diving into an SDR role at a fast-growing start up in the tech industry in San Francisco, what he’s learned, and some of his top tips for crushing interviews and succeeding in a sales role.
Discussed in this episode:
- Moving from Maine to San Francisco and then over to St. Petersburg
- What it was like to move across the country to work at a tech start up with virtually no professional experience beforehand
- Dealing with failure and mistakes in a new role and how to learn from that
- Why diving in can be the best way to learn a new skill set
- How Luke’s sports background helped him to succeed in his sales role
- Why Luke chose to dive headfirst into Praxis and a sales role
- Tips for interviewing well
- Luke’s top sales tips
- How to motivate young people/millennials in the workplace
To learn more, please visit discoverpraxis.com.