This week on Office Hours, TK and Isaac talk about how teenagers can use the pursuit of their interests to build a body of work and dive into questions about pursuing a career in the school system and managing complicated marketing projects.
Check out the new episode of Office Hours now on iTunes, YouTube, direct download and all major podcast platforms
- What advice would you give to teens about building a body of work?
- I love to teach, but do I have to do it in traditional high school?
- How can I tell my high school students without upsetting my employer who preaches the college gospel?
- I have a big project at work that needs a lot of buy-in from others. How do I stay organized and get stakeholders to help me?
- Building a body of work as a teenager
- Demonstrating discipline through your interests
- There are lots of jobs in education outside of the traditional school system
- Don’t limit your platform to your profession
- Living out your values instead of pushing them on others
- Staying organized when you’re working on a complicated project
- Glamor vs reality of working in marketing
- Overlooking opportunities
If you’d like Isaac & T.K. to give their two cents on your toughest professional challenges, email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org to be answered in upcoming Office Hours episodes!
Praxis is a twelve-month program that places young people with startups to apprentice, learn, grow, and walk away with valuable career skills.