We’re growing the Praxis team and hiring a full-time placement specialist.
The placement specialist is responsible for matching Praxis participants with business partners in our network for their apprenticeships. This role involves a unique combination of coaching talented young participants on putting their best foot forward, and working with hiring managers at startups to fill their talent need. This role works closely with the Business Development Director and the Education Director to guarantee the timely placement of Praxis participants in roles they are excited about taking. The ideal candidate should be excited about giving interview prep, profile and portfolio feedback and coaching, and communicating quickly and efficiently with Praxis participants and Praxis business partners.
This position is based in Charleston, SC.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Monthly Placement: The Placement Specialist is responsible for arranging Praxis apprenticeship placements from a pool of Praxis business partners. This involves sending profiles of specific participants to select business partners (based on skills, values, interests, and any geographical restrictions), requesting review by the business partner, arranging for interviews, and possibly coaching through assignments from the business partner.
- Monthly Placement Prep & Coaching: The Placement Specialist is responsible for being up-to-date and knowledgeable about the skills and roles to which Praxis business partners respond positively. Through the first and second months of the bootcamp, the Placement Specialist is charged with preparing participants for review, interviews, and potential assignments from Praxis business partners. This can include, but is not limited to, doing one-on-one interview preparation with participants, doing or organizing skills and professionalism group workshops, design feedback, LinkedIn feedback and workshopping
- Business Partner Network Maintenance: The Placement Specialist works with the Business Development department to keep our database of Praxis business partners up to date. It is the Placement Specialist’s responsibility to update the database based on feedback and opportunities with business partners.
- Admissions Interviews and Review: The Placement Specialist interviews and reviews program applicants on a weekly basis.
Praxis is a highly mission-oriented organization devoted to helping young people take control of their careers and educations and break the mold. Mission-alignment is the most important qualification for any candidate working with us. Getting s**t done is the second most important qualification.
The Placement Specialist serves a unique purpose riding the line between the Education department and the Business Development department and the Placement Specialist must be excited about and patient with top young people ages 17-27 doing professional development and preparation.
Salary for the position will be commensurate with experience.
The ideal candidate also possesses:
- An eye for basic graphic design. The Placement Specialist gives pitch deck and portfolio feedback to participants, getting them to a professional level before introducing them to business partners.
- Extremely proficient in quick email and phone communication.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Familiarity with G Suite for Work (Formerly Google Apps).
- Familiarity with Salesforce and Hubspot is a plus.
- Familiarity with WordPress is a plus.
- Able to manage many concurrent tasks in progress and track activities with ease.