Willpower has limits. If the rewards or punishments are high enough, and you’re in a situation long enough, you will eventually reach your limit.
But we live in a time where we have massive power to structure the incentives in our own lives. We can find new social circles, jobs, and past times that have incentives in line with our values. We can structure our lives so we don’t need to rely on willpower.
If you take action and shape the incentives in your own life you will be much stronger. If your incentives are in line with your values you have a better chance live up to your ideals and become the person you want to be.
In this episode:
- Creating your own structural incentives
- Aligning incentives with values
- The incentives of politics
- The incentives of professors
- Who you need to please to get paid is who you will please
- If it violates your core values, get into an environment when it is not incentivized
- You will be much stronger if you’re not fighting against the current
For your free copy of Forward Tilt: An Almanac for Personal Growth go do discoverpraxis.com/forwardtilt