In Module 1, participants strengthen their personal brands and begin creating content for their websites.
Each week of this module has three action items:
- A deliverable to build for your apprenticeship talent profile
- Content related to your professional development to consume
- A content creation challenge to complete
Here’s a sneak peek of each week:
- Profile Deliverable: Top 3 Skills blog post
- Content Topic: Forward Tilt
- Content Creation Challenge: The Five Traits blog post
Here are some Top 3 Skills Blog posts that participants wrote:
- My Top 3 Skills by Claudia Gerez
- My Top Three Skills and my One Great Habit by Avery Moodie
- Three of My Top Skills by Angela Blair
- Profile Deliverable: Pre-Program Revisions
- Content Topic: Personal Productivity
- Content Creation Challenge: How I Work blog post
Personal productivity is the focus of Week 2. Participants go through a primer for How to Get Work Done, and complete a workshop called Getting Shit Done.
From Get Work Done: A Primer:
When building your own system for managing work, start small. The simpler, the better. Starting with a complex system sounds great for the first two days, then it is the first thing you give up on when things get busy again. The main focus is getting work done. If any of the above doesn’t help with getting work done, ignore it. Start from a sustainable foundation and build from there.
- Profile Deliverable: About Me Video
- Content Topic: Approaching Your Career
- Content Creation Challenge: Career Approach video recording
Here is an example of what an About Me video can look like:
- Deliverable: Apprenticeship Placement Survey
- Content Topic: Apprenticeship Role Areas
- Content Creation Challenge: Portfolio Project Ideas blog post
During Week 4, participants delve into the various roles that they can focus on during their apprenticeship. This is also the week that they pick one role to focus on for the remainder of the boot camp. They complete a placement survey so their placement advisor can know how to best search for a good business partner fit.
Want more curriculum insight? Check out the Preprogram Module!