We have made some exciting changes to the Praxis Education Experience and it’s been even more exciting to see those changes come to fruition since implementing them over the past two months and new participants excelling in the program. We have placed a stronger emphasis on building projects (at work and on your own), weekly 1-on-1 coaching, and shipping content, while maintaining the importance of critical and entrepreneurial thinking skills needed for a successful and fulfilling lifestyle.
Here are some of the core elements of the Praxis Education Experience.
Imagine having a personal coach who helps you navigate the challenges you face at your job and in your educational efforts, and guides you through creating the lifestyle that you’ve always wanted. This is exactly what Praxis provides.
Each participant has a 30-minute weekly 1-on-1 coaching session with their advisor through their program experience. That’s 26 hours of dedicated time spent working with an experienced personal coach whose only job description is to make sure our participants become the best version of themselves.
During these sessions participants engaging in in-depth conversations and go through exercises that get them to think and act on how they can get the most out of their one-year Praxis experience and develop the skills necessary to build the life they want.
- Is your ultimate goal to work remotely so you can travel more? Work with your Praxis advisor on developing a step-by-step plan to make it happen.
- Have you been killing it at work, but not sure how to ask for a raise? Your advisor will share best practices and you can practice your pitch on them.
- Interested in improving your ability to communicate your ideas to colleagues and friends? Engage in critical thinking exercises with your Praxis advisor.
- Want to start building a business on the side and find out how it feels to build something people will pay for? Your Praxis advisor will help you learn how to juggle priorities and help you craft your business plan.
Monthly Personal Development Projects
Each month participants develop and complete a 30-day personal development project (PDP) with the guidance of their advisor. A PDP is a short-term set of challenges with the goal of gaining self-knowledge, overcoming obstacles to success, and gaining mastery in areas of value to themselves and the marketplace.
There are four types of PDPs Praxis participants go through: Bootcamp, Professional Development, Curriculum, and Portfolio Project.
Bootcamp (2 months):
Bootcamp PDPs prepare the participants to get the most out of their program experience and ensure they are creating value for their business partners beginning on day 1.
- Build a personal website
- Learn the basics of website development and digital marketing
- Become entrepreneurial thinkers and doers
Professional Development (4 months):
Professional Development PDPs are focused on the participants mastering the hard and soft skills needed to exceed the expectations of their business partner roles.
- Complete two independent business projects
- Gain hard and soft skills related to your professional interests
- Begin business experience with two dedicated PDPs
Curriculum (3 months):
Curriculum PDPs are centered around participants learning how to apply theoretical knowledge in the marketplace. Elective modules include philosophy, history, economics, and business.
- Develop advanced critical thinking skills
- Participate in engaging group discussions with thought leaders
- Build a content portfolio including blogs and podcast appearances
Portfolio Project (3 months):
A series of three Portfolio Project PDPs allows participants to complete at least one major project, independently or for their business partner, that demonstrates their unique skill and value.
- Complete a large project from start to finish
- Learn how to grow a customer base
- Develop entrepreneurial mindset
All of these PDPs are designed and customized to tailor each participant’s Praxis experience and help them instill the growth mindset, become life-long learners, and more valuable to the marketplace so they can create a career they love instead of sitting in a classroom hoping for one to come to them.
World-Class Curriculum Library
During the program, participants have access to our curriculum library through an online portal. The library is an extensive database of resources curated by professors, researchers, and entrepreneurs to help participants develop the critical thinking skills, economic understanding, historical knowledge, moral reasoning, and professional acumen to excel as entrepreneurs.
To supplement the curriculum library, participants are regularly engaging in in-depth conversations with their advisors, peers, and guests we bring in for group discussions. They are also highly encouraged to use the content they are consuming in our library in their weekly blog posts. Here are some insightful posts from Praxis participants Taylor, Ryan, and Tamina.
Participants choose from the modules and complete at least five through the program. Click on the graphic below to get on overview of the curriculum content.
If these core elements of the Education Experience get you excited about participating in Praxis and you want to learn more or if you know a young person who would be a great fit you can schedule a 15-minute information session with one of our advisors.
Interested in getting to know our participants more? Check them out.
Apply for an upcoming class today!