This week on Office Hours, TK and Isaac discuss career labels and how fixating on a role or field will hold you back from real opportunities. Then they dive into listener questions about the popularity of “reading like a CEO”, and why overqualified usually doesn’t mean overqualified.
- How much time per day should an entrepreneur spend reading?
- Businesses tell me I’m overqualified for entry-level jobs, but I come across as too risky for mid-level jobs, how do I handle this?
Check out the new episode of Office Hours now on iTunes, YouTube, direct download and all major podcast platforms.
- The danger and usefulness of labels
- The broadness of marketing
- How picking a major messes with your career
- Focusing on projects you want to solve, not roles you want to have
- Learning by working on specific projects
- Just in case knowledge vs. just in time knowledge
- What it actually means when businesses say your overqualified
- The Danger and Usefulness of Labels by Isaac Morehouse
- How Obsession with Options Can Blind You to Opportunities by Isaac Morehouse