If you’ve ever been passionate about writing, editing, advertising, and marketing, but never imagined yourself going into the ad agency world — if you’ve ever been fascinated with Facebook advertising, promoting a product on Instagram, and getting people to show up to events — if you’ve ever wanted to jump from just being in the Bay Area to actually joining a growing startup there — this Praxis opportunity is for you.
UpOut, a San Francisco-based startup, looks to bridge the gap between services like Netflix and the events world. Customers pay $20/month and get two digital passes to events in their area. And UpOut wants a Praxis participant to help them grow.
You’ll get to join a small, fun, and tight-knit startup team in the startup hub of the world. If you’re passionate about helping people have fun and connecting them to events all around their communities, then you’ll want to join this team.
The company describes itself on AngelList:
Similar to HotelTonight, UpOut’s business seizes the opportunity left by unsold inventory and the resultant lost on-premise sales. The value is so clear to merchants that over 40% of those cold-contacted give UpOut excess ticket inventory for free to fill their seats and sell merchandise, food, drinks and other on-premise revenue products.
The powerful value propositions to both merchants and consumers have led to 30% monthly growth of the business with strong CAC/LTV ratios.
Timeline: Summer 2016 – Spring 2017
Location: San Francisco, CA (The ideal candidate will be from the Bay Area.)
Ideal candidate has:
- Eye for news stories – When you see news, you have a good idea if that’s something somebody would like to read or not.
- Voracious reader – You know things practically before they happen and you can turn around a story.
- Excellent writer – Great ability to proofread and do editing when necessary.
- Zen-Like Focus – When the going gets tough, you don’t mind hunkering down and getting the job done
- Attention to detail – You don’t let important details slip through the cracks and if mistakes do happen, you know how to properly correct them so they don’t happen again
- Empathetic – A great listener who really knows how to understand our clients concerns and issues
- Idea Giver – Have good ideas to increase awareness
- You’re familiar with WordPress
- Previous experience on any kind of publication
- You’re familiar with the SF scene (popular events, bars, restaurants, hangouts)
- You’re an avid reader of SF publications like 7×7, Mission Local, The Bold Italic, etc., as well as national ones like the Huffington Post, The Atlantic, Slate, etc.
- Insiders Membership – including free events
- Free lunch on Wednesdays
- Killer experience at a growing startup
- Free swag
Apply now for this opportunity.
This position will be filled quickly.
PRAXIS EDUCATION EXPERIENCE
The Praxis Education Experience is built around outcomes, not just activities. Participants create tangible results through projects and tailored learning plans. The program delves into everything from digital skills and professional proficiencies to core concepts in philosophy, history, economics, technology, and business. While the business experience takes place onsite, the education component is done remotely through an online portal and interactive communication.
The participant is in control of this experience. With the assistance and coaching of Praxis advisors, participants create a professional development course to accelerate their growth. Between access to a world-class curriculum library, connections with entrepreneurs and intellectuals, and all the resources of the Praxis network, the education experience can’t be beat by sitting in a classroom. Learn more about the Praxis Education Experience.
A Look At Your Praxis Advisors:
Meet T.K. – T.K. Coleman is an entrepreneur, writer, public speaker, philosopher, and the Education Director at Praxis. Participants will work with T.K. throughout the program to complete personal development plans, grow professionally, and become more valuable, more marketable individuals.
Meet Cameron – Cameron Sorsby is a Praxis graduate and a Participant Advisor at Praxis. Participants connect with Cameron weekly to meet with entrepreneurs all around the country, develop plans to achieve their program goals, and learn hard and soft skills.
Praxis classes start every month now, and we’d love to have you on board. Participants from our most recent graduating class were hired by business partners, went on to start their own businesses, and created portfolios of valuable skills and experiences that will stay with them their entire lives.