We’re happy to be continuing our partnership with the Foundation for Economic Education this summer by placing another Carl Menger Fellow with the organization. Current participant Ryan Ferguson is the 2015 Carl Menger Fellow and will be completing the program in June — FEE would like to host another Praxis participant in the role.
If you are an entrepreneurial young person excited about education, free markets, and leading an entrepreneurial team in the nonprofit education space, this is the position you’ve been looking for.
Location: Atlanta, GA
Timeline: Summer 2016 (apply now!) – Spring 2017
The Carl Menger Fellow will assist with FEE’s programs to communicate with and engage FEE customers. This role requires quick responsiveness, communications clarity, and a keen mind toward progressing FEE’s customers–including students, investors, and others–through lifelong journeys in the ideas of liberty. The position reports to Richard Lorenc, FEE’s Chief Operating Officer.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Creates institutional written content, including press releases, strategic notes, newsletters, brochures, online store content
- Distributes the Freeman magazine and other printed materials to student groups, developing new and maintaining existing relationships
- Assists with Freeman print production, manage ad swaps
- Works with FEE’s editors to load final daily content into FEE.org CMS, including selecting imagery
- Runs FEE online store (store.fee.org)
- Originate and strengthen partnerships with relevant organizations
- Represent FEE as needed.
Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- An unwavering commitment to the mission and principles of FEE;
- A bias toward action;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- High technological skills and willingness to learn new ones;
- A careful attention to detail;
- Ability to work with low supervision;
- Leadership and integrity in all speech and action;
- The entrepreneurial spirit to improve existing programs and discover new ones.
Apply now for this opportunity.
This position will be filled quickly.
PRAXIS EDUCATION EXPERIENCE
The Praxis Education Experience is built around outcomes, not just activities. Participants create tangible results through projects and tailored learning plans. The program delves into everything from digital skills and professional proficiencies to core concepts in philosophy, history, economics, technology, and business. While the business experience takes place onsite, the education component is done remotely through an online portal and interactive communication.
The participant is in control of this experience. With the assistance and coaching of Praxis advisors, participants create a professional development course to accelerate their growth. Between access to a world-class curriculum library, connections with entrepreneurs and intellectuals, and all the resources of the Praxis network, the education experience can’t be beat by sitting in a classroom. Learn more about the Praxis Education Experience.
A Look At Your Praxis Advisors:
Meet T.K. – T.K. Coleman is an entrepreneur, writer, public speaker, philosopher, and the Education Director at Praxis. Participants will work with T.K. throughout the program to complete personal development plans, grow professionally, and become more valuable, more marketable individuals.
Meet Cameron – Cameron Sorsby is a Praxis graduate and a Participant Advisor at Praxis. Participants connect with Cameron weekly to meet with entrepreneurs all around the country, develop plans to achieve their program goals, and learn hard and soft skills.
Praxis classes start every month now, and we’d love to have you on board. Participants from our most recent graduating class were hired by business partners, went on to start their own businesses, and created portfolios of valuable skills and experiences that will stay with them their entire lives.